Bella (of The Twilight Saga)

Disclaimer: This is not a book review nor a review of the character in the book.


This may seem childish or foolish especially for haters of The Twilight Saga but I must confess I look up to Bella Swan.

Let me explain further.

Bella loved her mom and worries about her. She loves her dad who is living alone. She knew she will never be able to see (or touch) them again if she chose another life. A life in the shadows. But it was the life she wanted all along.

I know a lot of people who wants something in their life but never had the courage to pursue it for a lot of different reasons. Mostly it involves people that may be affected or because they cannot veer away from their comfort zone. And sometimes, that person is me. When change is coming and I feel sad, I think of Bella. She was willing to sacrifice never having to see to her parents again, her friends, in exchange of the one thing she knows she can not live without. In life, we are bound to make difficult choices but how many are willing to give up a large chunk of their life for that one thing? Your life now is the sum of all the choices you once made. If you are not happy or you think you can be happier, why not take the plunge? I believe we owe it to ourselves (and mankind) to find our bliss...and stay there. We can only give what we have and if we have achieved inner peace and happiness, we can help others to achieve theirs.

I am about to pursue a lifelong dream. Yes, this may not turn out to be what I expected but I have to try. Everything is a risk. Nothing is ever guaranteed. My pessimism overpower me at times, I still think of the sacrifice this will entail if it indeed push through. My friends. I think that is the hardest one, not having the support system I had all these years. Social media and all, nothing beats having coffee until the wee hours of the morning just talking about life. The places I know by heart. My study table. The view on my bedroom window. The trees surrounding the house in Cavite. Road trips. It's hard to breathe just thinking of it and then I think of Bella Swan. You have to give up a life to get "the life."

Comments