Journaling/Planner Stuff

So, like I've always said, I have been journaling since I was 7. When I started formal school around the 5th grade (I was home schooled back in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia), I usually have small notebooks where I "plan." Sort of. I write important dates and list of things to do like projects deadline, etc. In high school, I buy those cheap Hallmark planners in National Bookstore to write birthdays, exam dates or school activities. Of course that changed to bigger planner notebooks in college and when I started working. But it was only late last year that I found there is a whole community of planner people out there. With beautiful spreads and all. Mine was simple and the only decoration I had was using different colored pens. And now, this became a sort of addiction. I bought loads of washis (I never knew what that was even when I bought several packs back in Qatar thinking I can use it for gift wrapping or for Nishreen), some clear stamps and even asked for stamps and washis in our company's year-end exchange gifts. And my year-end gifts for my bestfriends were...you got that right...PLANNERS!

In January, when I took over a team, I made DIY inserts to write down my work-to-to list. And I have several jobs at once. Well, at the moment, I only have two jobs left. If you haven't seen my Instagram account @norayshinab, you'll know I have 2 planners. The cheap ring-bound I bought from a planner group so I can try it out and a planner notebook which I use to write down personal to-dos. The notebook I turned into a mini-journal last May when the long-awaited email came.

Now that I am about to quit my day job, I promised myself a no-spend month. Besides, I can't even imagine parting with all the planner stuff I bought. Yup. Contemplating on bringing only a week's worth of clothes (I can buy there, right?) and bringing all my journals and paraphernalia. It's the same thing with the Happy Planner. I badly wanted one since last year but I already have 2. I realized I can buy it where I am about to go. I get to see it up close first, too! It's not available here and you can only order through online sellers.

But addiction is something else. I always end up buying a thing or two when I'm outside and there are bookstores and novelty shops and the likes. Just like what happened today. I went strolling around Market-Market waiting for my mom and her friend and...no matter how much I didn't want to...how much I reasoned that I don't need it because I already have lots of it and that I cannot bring it with me when I leave...I gave in. I bought a 3-for-100 rolls of washi tapes.


I'm searching TNs the past few days and might try Bujo in TNs nextyear. - Depending on where I am before the new year starts. Let's hope I'm still here...or not. 

Comments