On Pencourage.com

(Since I'm on a roll...RD and home in Taguig) 




Their About page https://www.pencourage.com/about

You know how most people are either too honest (airing dirty laundry, ranting - like me) or too fake in Facebook? Yeah, it sucks.

I made a #nightlyconfession back then how some of my friends in FB are posting things that are way out of who they really are. I just had enough so I posted these:

May 14, 2016 #nightlyconfession
"It disgusts me how some people can be so fake in social media. I see a lot of posts and statuses that look as though they are nice, or intelligent, or hard-working, or understanding, or nonjudgemental, or rich, or faithful. Pleeease. I know you. You wouldn't be my friend here if I didn't. Cut the crap!
I don't know why you are pretending when your FB friends should accept the real you. If they don't, then why are you friends with them in the first place?

P.S.: Of course I'm still your friend! But this has got to stop. And if you're my friend, then you know how it is when I get all irritated."

April 6, 2016 #nightlyconfession
In what life defines as "adding color/meaning to our existence," we get to meet interesting people in every phase of our lives. Here are the few I've encountered: (Funny how different versions of them appear wherever I am)
1. Acts believably kind but is actually the wolf in a sheep's clothing.
2. Appear bad and tough but is really gentle and sweet.
3. Has a bad reputation but when you get to know them, you realize it's the people who talk against them that is the problem.
4. Is well-liked and popular but you know them better and you wonder what is wrong with the world!
5. Looks and sounds religious but their actions when no one is looking says otherwise. Practice what you preach A-hole!
6. Talk and walk smart but after a few minutes of conversation, you find out they're just shallow, senseless piece of s***.
7. Conceited bossy people that believes the world revolves around them that you just want to shove them into an incoming bus. (Mean girls much?)
8. Glamorous, truly rich, beautiful people that makes you a firm believer that life is unfair.
9. The witty, intelligent, strong person that you somehow wish you could be half of who they are.
10. Then there's the genuinely kind and loving person that gives you hope and makes you say "that's how I want to be."

And so on and so forth. There's a whole bunch of them. The pressing question is, which one are you? When someone makes a list like the one above, where will they categorize you when they think of you?

I struggled looking for the best anonymous online journal for so long. I created several accounts in numerous platforms hiding my true identity. None made me stay. It's either too complicated for me or still too public in the sense that they require several confirmations. My search ended 2 years ago around this month. I found a totally UN-Facebook page. It's a social media platform totally anonymous. It's where you can post whatever. It's what really goes on behind all those picture-perfect, perfectly happy photos and status in Facebook, Instagram, etc. I, for one, have seen a lot of lies in FB. I take it they believe it's a boasting platform. A medium to show the life they dream of but does not have for real and no one has to know if it isn't true right? Here comes Pencourage.com. The site that says what we refuse to; not with all our relatives and friends reading. Frankly, I think this should be as popular as Tumblr. The concept is great and it's easy to navigate. I bet even my mom (who refuses to learn how the worldwideweb works) will have no issue using it. And the best part? It's filled with friendly, kind, passionate people. Everyone is trying to uplift everyone else. They motivate you to keep going and giving you your much needed unsolicited advice. I have not seen any rude or hate comment since I joined last 2014. Besides, some people find it easier sharing intimate details of their life to strangers. In case you're one of those people who needed an outlet but is afraid of divulging personal issues to your circle, please check out their page.



Comments