The FB Nightly Confession



The other day, my unofficial sis-in-law, Rian, has advised me to blog my #nightlyconfession in Facebook so I can monetize it. Well, I had planned that for the last 8 years. It's the reason I signed up for a blogger.com account. She said it would be better if I use Wordpress. But the thought of moving my blog again drains me. I've moved around to 5 different blogs in the last 14 years!

I first started blogging in Friendster simply because I was getting lazy manually writing in my diary so I made it somehow public. I received a lot of positive reviews then. Back then, I didn't know you can actually earn from this. Blogging wasn't as popular then. I just write the usual way I would in my journals. I was so amazed with Carrie (Bradshaw) because she was able to survive by simply writing down her thoughts. It was a dream job! Sadly, that was one of the fictional things in SATC.

As my usual promise that I would take the time to write, I also always end up with the same excuses: time, fatigue, too many things to do. I did get to write the past 2 years in my anonymous blog so that's still something. And...I found another way to write...through a Facebook status with the hashtag #nightlyconfession. It's not something I'm actually proud of. It was a combination of oversharing, trying hard not to give away too much, and limiting what I want to say in a few sentences. When I posted the first one, I said to myself I'll blog the entire story. Two years of #nightlyconfession and I am yet to give light on what I write each night. (I wrote that down the other day as a personal project of mine for the year).

Earning money through my blogs will be a wish come true. But in all honesty, I do not have what it takes. I am not good in grammar and my thoughts are scattered all over the place. No clear point whatsoever. I just type down whatever is in my mind. It's senseless, useless information for anyone who may browse through it. I've seen some bloggers with less "talent" (for lack of a better word) than me but their blogs are entertaining in the sense that they either write reviews -of books, movies, cosmetics, restos, etc- or tell tales of their travel -where to go, best hotel, culture, etc. Mine shows the clutter in my head. The day-to-day struggle of being lost in your own world. And then I remember, I write because I want to. Doesn't matter whether people will like it or not. I write because I had been writing since I was seven. And it was for me and not for anyone else. A life I wanted to share to others. I was pretty sure no one will read my blog back in Friendster and frankly, if someone does, I don't really care. So why should I care now?

So for the nth time, I am again promising to commit myself to writing. Not just a status once every couple of nights. A real entry that is not restricted to a few hundred characters. Just like my nightly confession in FB, I don't care if people like it, agree with it, doesn't read it, or don't give a damn.



Comments