"29" (copied from my blog dated Nov. 16, 2007)

Yep, another year. Yep, still no great improvement on my 5 greatest dreams of all time. I had stayed awake until midnight last night just so I can see the clock strike on my birth date. Nothing grand. No fireworks. Just the conscious knowledge that my life is passing by. The awareness that time is not much to hold on to as soon as it’s gone. Still, life is ok. I’m still blessed compared to some people. At least Cath and I have been to places we promised we’ll go to even though it took so long. Life maybe too slow for both of us but at least it’s moving nevertheless. We’ve been to Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, (I’ve been to Abra), Baguio, Pangasinan, Tarlac, Laguna, Cavite, Batangas, Quezon, Camarines Sur, Bicol, Sorsogon, Puerto Galera, Boracay, and this year…to Bohol. If we only had enough money, it would have been a week extravaganza. We could have gone to Cebu and Iloilo since it’s just an hour away from Bohol. There’s still so much to see, so many things to do. But we’ll try to do all that we can in the remaining days ahead. There’s still davao, palawan, cebu, camaguin, etc. We still want to go back to bora again. Before we all part ways, before we get married (toink!). 

Going back to the day gone past, yes I’m a year older…again. But so far so good. I’m beginning to accept…truly, wholeheartedly,…..my fate. It may not be the one I wanted for myself but you can’t be what God doesn’t want you to be, right? So I guess I better make amends. Maybe I can bargain. Is that arrogant of me? What I’m trying to say is that maybe God and I can meet halfway. If I’m not fated to do or to have my 5 miracles, at least I can have some sort of pseudo-wish. Not exactly what I pictured in my mind but close to it. Maybe. I hope He’s listening. I hope He cares. I’ll keep praying anyway. It’s called hope. It’s called faith.

Comments